At Grant Thornton, our audit services perform a dual purpose. On the one hand, we provide assurance to corporate financial statements and annual accounts, providing greater transparency to the management team and the wider market where the company operates. On the other hand, we identify and anticipate potential risks and areas for improvement to help increase the stability and future prospects of our clients' businesses.
Our network has over 18,000 people committed to delivering best-in-class audit and assurance services in more than 130 countries.
Our teams can provide you with innovative audit services in:
- Audit services for annual accounts and financial statements
- Reporting on controls at service organizations
- Preparing, auditing and/or reviewing reporting packages
- Internal audit services
- Designing and implementing financial information technology systems
- Limited reviews
- Accounting advisory services
- IFRS conversions
- Certified statements of expenditure
- Review of grants
- Prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing
- Asset Protection Reports for customers - CNMV
- Reports to complement audit reports on annual accounts
- Audit services for the public sector
- Insolvency procedures
- Expert witness reports
- External training
Companies may sometimes require a certain degree of assurance for specific business areas, processes or transactions beyond the scope of a conventional audit, based on pre-established materiality levels. Some of the services we offer within Assurance are:
- Agreed-upon procedures on financial information
- Assurance projects which may differ from an audit or a review of historic financial information based on the International Standard on Assurance Engagements (ISAE 3000, issued by the International Auditing and Assurance Standard Board)
- Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organization (based on ISAE 3402, issued by the International Auditing and Assurance Standard Board)
Additionally, for companies seeking to grow via specific transactions (IPO, M&A, spin-offs, carve-outs), Grant Thornton provides assurance services on their accounting information:
- Reviews of disclosures made by companies based on regulator requirements regarding their financial statements (IFRS, GAAP)
- Advisory services to prepare pro-forma or carve-out financial statements.
- Support services to other parties involved in a transaction (such as, comfort letters).
Why Grant Thornton?
We have the size, scope, expertise and global reach to serve global and dynamic organisations around the world. Our teams can provide you with audit, assurance and accounting advisory services that deliver real value and support investor confidence.
We coordinate, cooperate and communicate based on our shared global strategy, which leads to greater consistency and better quality in all our reports.
A culture of quality
We approach each audit with sharp thought, straight talk and common sense. In addition to verifying that financial results are fairly presented and meet applicable professional standards, we identify and anticipate potential risks and areas for improvement to help increase stability in your business.
We have a dedicated quality monitoring programme that focuses on the six elements of the International Standard on Quality Control (ISQC) 1. Under this programme, we review the audit quality of all our member firms and provide feedback on the design, implementation and operation of their audit practice quality control.
This rigorous approach helps make sure we deliver consistent, quality services for our clients worldwide.
A single global audit approach
We use one audit methodology globally, which means we can offer you consistent, high quality services wherever you are in the world.
Our audit methodology, Horizon, features a partner-led process that focuses our audit efforts on those areas of your financial statements that represent the greatest risk.
Horizon also features integrated quality-control processes, including policies and procedures for engagement quality-control review.
Learn more about our technology audit software tools.
International Financial Reporting Standards
At Grant Thornton we have a sound knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). We have a full-time team responsible for high quality, consistent application of IFRS.
The IFRS team promotes consistency by:
- offering regular training programmes
- operating an IFRS helpdesk service
- publishing extensive technical and interpretive guidance, newsletters and other tools and resources.
We also actively contribute to the development of IFRS. This includes the submission of global comment letters on proposals for new and amended standards as well as participation in roundtables and other events. We are also a member of the IFRS Interpretations Committee, the IFRS Advisory Council and the IFRS for SMEs Implementation Group.
Talk to us
If you have any questions or would like to find out more about these services, please contact Gemma Soligó